Anniversary

Sunday, May 15, 2011

My musical inspiration

Imagine this, you are driving in your car, and all of a sudden a song comes on the radio from wwaaaayyy back when...and you are instantly taken back to a point in your life where this song was prominent. That happened to me the other day, so I thought I would share just a few that stuck out in my mind. Enjoy!

On Bended Knee by Boys II Men
Who doesn't have a memory when they hear a Boys II Men song?
As soon as I hear this song it takes me back to middle school dances at Sells Middle School. They must have played this song at EVERY one of them that year. As soon as the slow songs came on...the boys scattered unless they had a girlfriend, then they were dragged out to the dance floor. The rest of us (myself included) spent the entire song hanging out on the perimeter of the dance floor just wishing the guy we had a crush on would come to his senses and ask us to dance. Of course, he never did. :-) Aww...the angst of teenage hormones.

So Very Hard To Go by Tower of Power.
This song was part of our marching band show my freshman year in high school. It was by far my favorite that year. I rememeber on Friday's they used to play our school songs over the loudspeaker in between classes. This year they actually played some of the songs featured in our show. It was fun to listen to until you discovered you were "marching" to the beat as you walked down the hall.
Gave new meaning to the phrase band dork...

Malaguena by the Madison Scouts.
My absolute favorite song from all of the marching band shows I've done. This was in the show my senior year, and I was so excited to be on the center podium directing it at the contest where we beat our rivals...the Grove City Marching Band. I can remember that night like it was yesterday :-) Madison Scouts happen to be my favorite drum corp as well!!

We will rock you by Queen
I went to Dublin Coffman High School...mascot: the Shamrocks. Yep...We will rock you was certainly played a few THOUSAND times during those four years!

The Hardest Thing by 98 degrees
Yeah, I grew up in the boy band era. :-) This video is terrible but you get the idea.
I used to listen to this song right after I met Scott. He was dating someone else...I thought he should be dating me...I got him in the end so I guess that's all that matters. ha!

Save the best for last by Vanessa Williams.
See description above...yep same thing :-)





For once in my life: Cover by Michael Buble
This was the song Scott and I danced to at our wedding. Always makes me smile.




Smile by Uncle Kracker
This song was played at the funeral of a family friend who passed away from cancer. While it portrays everything we love about Kevin, it also makes me think about all of the great things in my life. I can't help think about Kevin and remember his incredible sense of humor, and how he really truly would give you the shirt of his back if that's what you needed. I feel truly blessed to have known him.


God gave me you by Dave Barnes
This is a song I stumbled on a few months ago. I think it certainly fits in my life right now. God love my husband for loving me!

You drive me crazy by Britney Spears
Kappa Kappa Psi Beta Psi chapter, Spring 2000 class. 5 girls, 1 guy. Guess who dressed up like Britney? :-)

Muppets do Bohemian Rhapsody
Okay I just had to put this one on here...it makes me laugh so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment