I recently found out about a group called Operation Write Home. It's a group where card makers will send in cards that get shipped to deployed soldiers, who can then in turn send them to their spouse/significant other/kids. All of the cards need to be homemade, and there are certain restrictions for what can go on them. For instance, glitter is apparently dangerous for our military members overseas. I, for one, did not know that, but I'm glad they pointed it out because I happen to normally use a lot of glitter.
You can send in as many cards as you like. I started going through my "stash" to see if I could challenge myself to make cards without buying anything new.
Apparently I succeeded because I just mailed 25 cards to them today! :-)
Hopefully they will like what I sent, and I can continue doing this in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment