Anniversary

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My husband is my hero

So I'll admit it...I'm like a toddler when it comes to bugs (think screaming, kicking, fighting temper tantrum) I've always been like that...it's just how I roll.

This morning at 5:45 am...I walked into the bathroom to get ready to take a shower. I looked in the mirror and what do I see behind me? Yep...that's right...a big reddish, hairy spider crawling on the wall behind me. Now at this point, I'm freaking. I proceed to go into our bedroom, wake up my husband and tell him that there is this huge spider on the wall preventing me from getting ready for work.

He reluctantly stumbles out of bed, puts on his glasses and proceeds to look at me with a look of either desperation or humiliation...I'm not sure.

Long story short...he kills the spider, promises me that there aren't more lurking in the bathroom to suddenly jump out at me. He then kisses me goodbye and tells me he loves me, and gladly returns to bed.

He may not remember it...but as part of our wedding vows he promised to love, cherish, and protect me from all things creepy crawly.

He's my hero. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the men forget to pay attention to all the fine print in wedding vows!

    ReplyDelete